The Chorus Kids
"Always watch the conductor to know when you’re supposed to sing together, even if he has food on his baton."
The Chorus Kids (コーラスメン?, Chorus Men) are three children in a choir together in Glee Club. They are led by the Conductor (リーダー?, Leader), who is a lion in all white clothes, except for his red tie, and who sports a white afro and a conductor's baton, similar to a Clappy Trio member.
One day, while the Clappy Trio was performing on a street corner, one of the members saw another group nearby, a chorus that just couldn't get their act together, because the third member was so nervous that he couldn't stop singing out of turn. The clappy member decided to leave the Clappy Trio with consent from his colleagues and take the chorus under his wing as their conductor, but he claims to be just there to help them along as "They're the stars, and I try to stay out of their way."
The Chorus Kids have been observed to perform in a variety of locations, such a featureless white plain, the beach, a spaceship, at Rock 'n' Roll Hall during the Battle of the Bands, and a factory. One Chorus Kid appears in Munchy Monk in Rhythm Heaven Fever, where the titular monk is seen training by feeding him on a moving train. The conductor is described as a Racing Fan, although the The Clappy Trio are the ones seen forming a crowd in Freeze Frame.
The Chorus Kids appear in Rhythm Tengoku Gold Comic in 02 リーダーの想いの巻き (Leader's Notes by Maki), which shows the third Chorus Kid struggling to sing correctly, while the conductor tells him not to worry about his failures, as he has experienced the same thing before, and advises him to keep calm and listen for the other two. They try singing again. This time, the third sings correctly, and the Chorus Kids celebrate. In 09 にぎやかでおだやかな夜の巻き (A lively and peaceful night by Maki), the Chorus Kids are seen singing Christmas carols on TV.
They also appear in Rhythm Tengoku The Best Plus Comic, first in 01 同窓会 (Reunion) where they join the reunion at the Café, and in 29発声練習 (Vocalization Practice), where a Chorus Kid is trying to sing, but ends up singing too loud, turning the attention of the nearby Beary, Bearbara and a Lumbercat.
- Glee Club
- Glee Club 2
- Remix 1
- Glee Club 2
- Remix 9
- Remix 10
- Battle of the Bands (cameo)
- Munchy Monk
- Machine Remix
- Right-Hand Remix
The Chorus Kids appear in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS as a trophy in the "Other" category, and as a spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Although they don't appear directly in Super Smash Bros. ffor Wii U, the trophy for Marshal, Cam, and Miss Ribbon mentions them.
Their spirit battle takes place on the Wii Fit Studio stage playing the Monkey Watch track, where they are represented by three differently-sized Jigglypuff wearing Leaf's hat. The battle has the following conditions:
- The enemy favors up specials
- The enemy is giant
- The enemy has increased attack power
The Chorus Kids
When it comes to the weird and wonderful, the Rhythm Paradise series has got all other games beat. Take those groovy Love Lizards, for example. Birds could learn a thing or two from them. And what about the Chorus Kids? They look adorable with their little bow ties, but things get a bit freakish when they open their mouths...
Marshal, Cam, and Miss Ribbon
From the right: Cam, Marshal, and Miss Ribbon. Cam is quiet and looks like a thinker, but his mind is actually a blank slate. Marshal looks cute and can be relied upon. Miss Ribbon looks innocent but is really quite stubborn. Some think these guys are related to the Chorus Kids from the previous Rhythm Heaven.
The white one is Matt, the blue one's Cam, and the pink one's Miss Ribbon. Matt looks like a dreamer, but he's pretty down-to-earth. Cam always seems to be deep in thought, but he's really just spacing out. And Miss Ribbon seems innocent and sweet, but is actually pretty stubborn. Are these guys related to the Chorus Kids?
|No. 1196||The Chorus Kids||★★★ ACE||3||Jump ↓||World of Light (The Light Realm)|
- A Chorus Kid was used as the favicon on the Official Site for Rhythm Heaven.
- While the Conductor is a former member of the Clappy Trio, he seems to be missing the tail that members of the trio are shown to have. This is further exemplified in Glee Club 2 in Rhythm Heaven, where he appears in a swimsuit, and still lacks a visible tail.
- During the Glee Club Song in the Guitar Lessons, J.J. Rocker at one point wonders why the Glee Club conductor never moves. While he does stand completely still in Rhythm Heaven, a new cue was added in Rhythm Heaven Megamix, which has the conductor waving his baton to signal to the Chorus Kids when to stop in unison.
- The Conductor uses his baton to scratch his back and to eat with. The Chorus Kids seem to be disgusted by this, but say they would do the same if they had a baton.
- The information given in the Rhythm Items is generally consistent across languages, but some alter certain details. For example, the Japanese and Korean versions say the Conductor uses his baton to eat snacks he dropped on the floor, while the French version says he also uses the baton as a toothpick and that he likes to eat sushi. This detail goes along with the added detail that the Clappy Trio likes to eat spaghetti bolognese.
- The Chorus Kids make a cameo in Game & Wario during the intro sequence, singing alongside Sal Out on Wario's TV.
- They appear again in the intro sequence to WarioWare: Move It!, again on a TV.
- There was a widely spread leak that claimed that the Chorus Kids would become playable characters in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/for Wii U. Even though the leak predicted 9 out of 11 characters correctly, the Chorus Kids didn't join the playable roster, meaning that either that part of the leak was false, or the Chorus Kids were scrapped during development.
In Other Languages
The Chorus Kids
The Chorus Kids
|FrenchNOA||Les petits chanteurs||The little singers|
|FrenchNOE||Les petits chanteurs||The little singers|
|SpanishNOA||Chicos del coro||Chorus boys|
|SpanishNOE||Los chicos del coro
Chicos del coro
|The chorus boys|
Ragazzi del coro
The choir boys
|Portuguese||Meninos do Coro||Choir Boys|
|ChineseSI||The Chorus Kids|
|ChineseTR||The Chorus Kids|
|Chorus Men Trio|
|German||Der Chorleiter||The choirmaster|
|Italian||Il direttore||The director|
- リーダーの手記 (Leader's Notes), Rhythm Tengoku Gold
- Leader's Notes, Rhythm Heaven
- "I wish he wouldn't scratch his back and eat with his baton... Of course, I'd probably do the same if I had one. The conductor carries a heavy burden." ~ Baton, Rhythm Heaven Megamix
- "せなかがカユイからって、首の後ろからあのぼうをツッコむの、やめてほしい！あと、おやつをゆかにおっことしちゃったからって、あのぼうをつかってひろうのも、やめてほしい！ボクも、あのべんりなぼうがほしい！" (Don't use that stick to scratch your itchy back! And stop using this stick to pick up the snack you dropped on the floor! Actually, I want this convenient stick too!) ~ タクト (Tact), Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+
- "Je préfèrerais que mon chef de chorale arrête de s'en servir comme cure-dent, comme gratte-dos ou pour manger ses sushis... On trouve parfois de ces trucs collés dessus..." (I'd rather my choirmaster stop using it as a toothpick, as a back scratcher or to eat his sushi... We sometimes find this stuff stuck on it...) ~ Baguette d'orchestre (Orchestral baton), Rhythm Paradise Megamix (French)
- "Le cachet de nos 42 concerts précédents est parti dans ces nouveaux costumes hyper-classe. Du coup, on évite de les porter quand on mange des spaghettis bolognaise..." (The cachet of our previous 42 concerts has gone in these new hyper-class costumes. So we avoid wearing them when we eat spaghetti bolognese...) ~ Costume immaculé (Immaculate costume), Rhythm Paradise Megamix (French)
- 超おどる メイド イン ワリオ | Nintendo Switch | 任天堂 (Super Dance Made in Wario | Nintendo Switch | Nintendo)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- GAME & WARIO Epilogue
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS