The onions are yellow. They have big noses, big eyes with small pupils, whiskers, and big lips. They have darker yellow, vertical stripes over their bodies.
The beets are light purple (brown in the arcade version) with swirly patterns. Yet again, they share the same facial features as the previously mentioned vegetable.
Lastly, the potatoes are light brown with spots over them. They have the same eyes, noses, whiskers, and lips as the onions.
Their colors change to purple, light green and grey, respectively, in Rhythm Datsumo 2.
There is an old man who grows these vegetables. When the vegetables started growing hair, their price dropped and he was in big trouble. Plucking the hairs proved to be a difficult task, until one day, he decided to play music. He says that playing the music actually helped a ton, and made the plucking enjoyable.
In Crop Stomp, the Stomp Farmer collects the vegetables by stomping them out of the ground. Once they are picked, they get their hairs plucked off in Rhythm Tweezers. After that, the vegetables are eaten. Potatoes and onions are used in soup. Although it takes a lot of work to prepare the vegetables, they are very healthy. Their skins contain a lot of nutrients.
The vegetables, along with Stomp Farmer, can be seen in the audience in Battle of the Bands. In Cheer Readers, one of the images the girls show is of an onion. In Cheer Readers 2, another image shows the vegetables as they appear in Crop Stomp. In Wake-Up Caller, an onion, turnip, or green onion with flowers on top can sometimes appear instead of a flower.
In Machine Remix, the onions gain the appearence of light bulbs.
- Rhythm Tweezers
- Rhythm Tweezers 2
- Remix 1
- Remix 6
- Rhythm Datsumo 2
- Remix 7
- Remix 8
- Rhythm Datsumo
- Extra Remix
- Crop Stomp
- Remix 3
- Remix 9
- Remix 10
- Battle of the Bands (cameo)
- Cheer Readers (cameo)
- Cheer Readers 2 (cameo)
- Remix 10 (cameo)
- Hi-Hat (cameo)
- Wake-Up Caller (cameo)
- Machine Remix
- Left-Hand Remix
Artwork from Rhythm Tengoku
Artwork from Rhythm Heaven
Sprite from Rhythm Heaven
Kinopio-kun's drawing of Harry Onion from LINE
Tibby in a Harry Onion costume
GAME & WARIO Epilogue
Cameo as a plushie in WarioWare: Move It!
- In Machine Remix, the light bulb variants of the onion still have an onion-like top; however, it remains off-screen.
- In Game & Wario, the intro to the minigame Ashley has a cameo from one of the onions, sitting on a pile of books. In the epilogue, this vegetable is identified as Harry Onion (ヘアーベジタボー?, Hair Vegetable). The Hair Vegetables themselves appear in WarioWare Gold in the microgame Rhythm Tweezers, and one makes a cameo as a plush toy in WarioWare: Get It Together! in the introduction to Mona's level That's Life. More plushies can be seen in WarioWare: Move It! on the shelves on the right side in 9-Volt's stage, Quest in the Dark.
In Other Languages
|EnglishNOA||Harry Onion||Pun on "hairy onion" and the name "Harry"|
- キャラクターアルバム ステージ１ (Character Album Stage 1)
- 毛ぬき投書 (Epilation Letter) ~ Rhythm Tengoku
- "My grandpa used to cook soup with lots of potatoes and onions." ~ Miso Soup, Rhythm Heaven Megamix
- "My grandpa's farm grew hairy onions. You gotta pluck 'em, but they're real good for ya. The skins have lots o' nutrients and stuff. If only MY scalp were so nutritious!" ~ Onion Skin, Rhythm Heaven Megamix
- TOPICS [subpage on Rhythm Tengoku's official website]
- WarioWare: Move It! - 9-Volt & 5-Volt Stage (Quest in the Dark)
- GAME & WARIO Epilogue